zsh-users
* unsorted completions?
@ 1999-09-05 21:48 Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 1999-09-05 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am I right in thinking that you can't currently stop zsh sorting
completion matches with the new completion system?  I would really
like to be able to do this for a variant of _history_complete_word, so
that successive presses of a key produce progressively older matches
from the history.

Adam

* Re: unsorted completions?
@ 1999-09-06  9:22 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 1999-09-06  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Adam Spiers wrote:

> Am I right in thinking that you can't currently stop zsh sorting
> completion matches with the new completion system?  I would really
> like to be able to do this for a variant of _history_complete_word, so
> that successive presses of a key produce progressively older matches
> from the history.

There are unsorted groups. You can just change the fifth line to:

  _description -V expl 'history word'

(with a unchanged 3.1.6, change the last line to:

  compgen -V hist -Q -H 0 ''
)

Hm, maybe this should be made a configuration key.

Bye
 Sven