zsh-users
* List user "dado@pdi.com"
@ 2000-02-14 14:22 Andy Spiegl
From: Andy Spiegl @ 2000-02-14 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi guys!

Everytime (over months now) I post to the list I get this in reply (see
attachment).  I suppose I am not the only one.

Could someone please take this address off the list?

Thanks,
 Andy.

--
 E-Mail: Andy@spiegl.de     URL: http://andy.spiegl.de
 PGP/GPG: see headers

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2149 bytes --]

From: PDI Postmaster <postmaster@pdi.com>
To: Andy Spiegl <zsh.Andy@spiegl.de>
Subject: RE> Re: completion but extra options allowed
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 06:05:39 -0800 (PST)

You have attempted to send a message to an e-mail address that
no longer exists at PDI. The address that you attempted to send
to was:

		dado@pdi.com

Thank You.
PDI Postmaster

* RE: List user "dado@pdi.com"
@ 2000-02-14 14:49 ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2000-02-14 14:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Spiegl, zsh-users

> Everytime (over months now) I post to the list I get this in reply (see
> attachment).  I suppose I am not the only one.

Me too ... somebody changed address and did not unsubscribe I guess. But
something is fishy with list software as well - why it goes to list users
and not to list owners?

/andrej

* Re: List user "dado@pdi.com"
@ 2000-02-14 15:04   ` Ollivier Robert
From: Ollivier Robert @ 2000-02-14 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

According to Andrej Borsenkow:
> something is fishy with list software as well - why it goes to list users
> and not to list owners?

The problem is not with the list software (although I don't like
Smartlist), but with the MTA at the other end. It ignores the "Precedence:
buld" header and sends to the user and that is a bug.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- Eurocontrol EEC/TEC -=- roberto@eurocontrol.fr
The Postman hits! The Postman hits! You have new mail.

* Re: List user "dado@pdi.com"
@ 2000-02-14 17:18     ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2000-02-14 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

> The problem is not with the list software (although I don't like
> Smartlist), but with the MTA at the other end. It ignores the "Precedence:
> buld" header and sends to the user and that is a bug.

Actually the `precedence' has nothing to do with it.
The problem is that it doesn't look at the envelope's `From '
but at the header's `From:'.

	Stefan