zsh-users
* FreeBSD 5.0 and zsh 3.0.7 rare bug
@ 2000-07-01 20:56 Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai @ 2000-07-01 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users; +Cc: will

[Will: I cc:'d you since you're the MAINTAINER for the port]

For some weird reason every now and then my output got arsed.

I could do a ls -asl and get good output, then run a command, perhaps
interrupt it, and then try ls -asl again to get the output all mixed up.

After some inspection I came to the discovery that zsh sometimes out of
itself sets stty's icrnl option.  Which obviously messes up output.  I
have no idea what can cause this.

And since I don't have any tests which can reproduce it I cannot file
this as a bug.

The command I run may be a different command each time.  There's no
common program.  This particular case which let me find it was when
using truss.

Hope this helps somewhat,

--
Jeroen Ruigrok vd Werven/Asmodai    asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best

* Re: FreeBSD 5.0 and zsh 3.0.7 rare bug
@ 2000-07-01 21:03 ` Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai
From: Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai @ 2000-07-01 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users; +Cc: will

-On [20000701 22:59], Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai (asmodai@wxs.nl) wrote:
>After some inspection I came to the discovery that zsh sometimes out of
>itself sets stty's icrnl option.  Which obviously messes up output.  I
>have no idea what can cause this.

Something I missed:

stty:

-icrnl

AND

-onlcr

--
Jeroen Ruigrok vd Werven/Asmodai    asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best
The BSD Programmer's Documentation Project <http://home.wxs.nl/~asmodai>
Destiny, the crooked schemer, says the dead shall rise again...

* Re: FreeBSD 5.0 and zsh 3.0.7 rare bug
@ 2000-07-02  4:45   ` Dan Nelson
From: Dan Nelson @ 2000-07-02  4:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai; +Cc: zsh-users, will

In the last episode (Jul 01), Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai said:
> -On [20000701 22:59], Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai (asmodai@wxs.nl) wrote:
>> I could do a ls -asl and get good output, then run a command,
>> perhaps interrupt it, and then try ls -asl again to get the output
>> all mixed up.
>
> After some inspection I came to the discovery that zsh sometimes out
> of itself sets stty's icrnl option.  Which obviously messes up
> output.  I have no idea what can cause this.

Hm. I haven't seen this at all, and I've been running 3.0.7 forever
(note that 3.0.8 is out now).  Are you sure that the command you're
running doesn't fiddle with the tty settings and neglect to restore
them when you ^C?  I have "ttyctl -f" in my zshrc, which handles these
programs very nicely.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com