zsh-users
* [juhtolv@st.jyu.fi: Re: Whatta fsck is this?]
@ 2000-10-23 16:51 Juhapekka Tolvanen
From: Juhapekka Tolvanen @ 2000-10-23 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, +17:18:56 EEST (UTC +0300),
Philip Kizer <pckizer@tamu.edu> pressed these keys:

> Juhapekka Tolvanen <juhtolv@st.jyu.fi> wrote:
> >Argh! It was b0rken! That does not fscking work, when I am rewt.
>
> Not to answer the larger question, but why don't you "simplify" the
> optional root bits in this from:
>
> ># {{{ Am I root?
> >
> >if (( EUID == 0 ))
> >then
> >  export ROOTTEXT='-=*[ROOT ZSH]*=-'
> >  export ROOTPROMPTADD=' '
> >  export ROOTTITLEADD=' | '
> >
> >else
> >  ROOTTEXT=''
> >  ROOTPROMPTADD=''
> >  ROOTTITLEADD=''
> >fi
>
> into:
>
> export ROOTTEXT='%(0#.-=*[ROOT ZSH]*=-)'
> export ROOTPROMPTADD='%(0#. .)'
> export ROOTTITLEADD='%(0#. | .'
>
> etc.?

Very interesting. Can you explain, what that kind of markup means? What
TFM or section of "info zsh" should I read?

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * * * U of Jyväskylä * * * juhtolv@st.jyu.fi
http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~juhtolv/index.html * * "STRAIGHT BUT NOT NARROW!"

* Re: [juhtolv@st.jyu.fi: Re: Whatta fsck is this?]
@ 2000-10-23 17:51 ` Philip Kizer
From: Philip Kizer @ 2000-10-23 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Juhapekka Tolvanen <juhtolv@st.jyu.fi> wrote:
>> export ROOTTEXT='%(0#.-=*[ROOT ZSH]*=-)'
>> export ROOTPROMPTADD='%(0#. .)'
>> export ROOTTITLEADD='%(0#. | .'

>Very interesting. Can you explain, what that kind of markup means? What
>TFM or section of "info zsh" should I read?

'man zshparam' under the PS1 section you should find:

    %(x.true-text.false-text)

-philip

--
Philip Kizer,
USENIX Liaison to Texas A&M University       <usenix@tamu.edu>

* Re: [juhtolv@st.jyu.fi: Re: Whatta fsck is this?]
@ 2000-11-20  6:09   ` Juhapekka Tolvanen
From: Juhapekka Tolvanen @ 2000-11-20  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, +20:51:27 EEST (UTC +0300),
Philip Kizer <pckizer@tamu.edu> pressed these keys:

> Juhapekka Tolvanen <juhtolv@st.jyu.fi> wrote:
> >> export ROOTTEXT='%(0#.-=*[ROOT ZSH]*=-)'
> >> export ROOTPROMPTADD='%(0#. .)'
> >> export ROOTTITLEADD='%(0#. | .'

Well, I decided to do it like this:

export ROOTTEXT="%(!.-=*[ROOT ZSH]*=-.)"
export ROOTPROMPTADD="%(!. .)"
export ROOTTITLEADD="%(!. | .)"

But thank you, anyway.

> >Very interesting. Can you explain, what that kind of markup means? What
> >TFM or section of "info zsh" should I read?
>
> 'man zshparam' under the PS1 section you should find:
>
>     %(x.true-text.false-text)

Well, in my system it was "man zshmisc" under section "PROMPT
EXPANSION". And version numer is:

juhtolv@heresy : /home/juhtolv
% zsh --version                                                 10001 | pts/6
zsh 3.1.9-dev-6 (i686-pc-linux-gnu)

BTW what was the first version of zsh, that was able to understand
"--version". It is time to update this:

http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/user/guckes/version/

--
Juhapekka "naula" Tolvanen * * U of Jyväskylä * * * juhtolv@st.jyu.fi
http://www.jyu.fi/~juhtolv/index.html * * "STRAIGHT BUT NOT NARROW!!"

* Re: [juhtolv@st.jyu.fi: Re: Whatta fsck is this?]
@ 2000-11-20 15:28     ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2000-11-20 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Nov 20,  8:09am, Juhapekka Tolvanen wrote:
}
} > 'man zshparam' under the PS1 section you should find:
} >
} >     %(x.true-text.false-text)
}
} Well, in my system it was "man zshmisc" under section "PROMPT
} EXPANSION".

The man pages got reorganized quite a bit during the development of 3.1.x.
But there's still a cross-reference under the PS1 description.

} BTW what was the first version of zsh, that was able to understand
} "--version".

According to the ChangeLog, it was 3.1.9-dev-4, which means it's not in a
released version yet.