zsh-users
* failed to load module: zsh/zle
@ 2001-05-24 21:16 Timothy Grant
From: Timothy Grant @ 2001-05-24 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

I've been through the archives and the installation documents,
but I'm missing something somewhere.

I am building a Linux box from scratch. I currently have a
system that runs quite nicely, and I was able to get it to the
point where I could use it to download zsh.

I downloaded 3.1.9, made it, and upon typing zsh I get the

zsh: failed to load module: zsh/zle

message.

So, I went back to the drawing board, did make clean, then did
a ./configure --disable-dynamic and tried again thinking that
that for sure would work, well, I get the same error message.

I'm sure this is a because I don't yet having something on my
scratch-built system that zsh needs, but I don't even know
where to begin looking.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Stand Fast,
    tjg.

Timothy Grant                                www.hyperlinq.net
Chief Technology Officer                     tjg@hyperlinq.net
HyperLINq Technologies, Inc.                <>< (503) 246-3630

* Re: failed to load module: zsh/zle
@ 2001-05-29  7:24 ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 2001-05-29  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Timothy Grant; +Cc: zsh-users

Timothy Grant wrote:
>I downloaded 3.1.9, made it, and upon typing zsh I get the
>
>zsh: failed to load module: zsh/zle
>
>message.

You need to install the dynamically-loadable modules before you can run
zsh from the build directory.

>So, I went back to the drawing board, did make clean, then did
>a ./configure --disable-dynamic and tried again thinking that
>that for sure would work, well, I get the same error message.

You need "make distclean" before reconfiguring.

I recommend that you use a more recent version -- we're up to 4.0.1-pre-5,
IIRC -- and use the default configuration (with dynamically loadable
modules).  Do "make install.modules" before testing the new binary
("make check").

-zefram

* RE: failed to load module: zsh/zle
@ 2001-05-29  7:29   ` Andrej Borsenkow
From: Andrej Borsenkow @ 2001-05-29  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Timothy Grant; +Cc: zsh-users

> I recommend that you use a more recent version -- we're up to 4.0.1-pre-5,
> IIRC -- and use the default configuration (with dynamically loadable
> modules).  Do "make install.modules" before testing the new binary
> ("make check").

No, installing modules should not be needed to run 'make check'. If it
fails - it is a bug and must be fixed. We still has unresolved issue that
libzsh is not found (on systems where it is needed).

-andrej

* Re: failed to load module: zsh/zle
@ 2001-05-29 19:39     ` Timothy Grant
From: Timothy Grant @ 2001-05-29 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Thanks for both the responses I got on this. I have been
building a linux box from scratch, and it appears that I had
mangled some libraries along the path which was why zsh was not
version and it worked just fine.

Thanks again!