zsh-users
* problems with #compdef
@ 2001-08-15 15:15 Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2001-08-15 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm having problems getting zsh to use a custom-written completion
function.  The function is called _pd, definitely lives somewhere in
my $fpath, definitely gets autoloaded during startup, and has

  #compdef pd

as its first line.  Yet $_comps[pd] is undefined, and pressing TAB
after `pd ' results in standard file completion.  What have I missed?

* Re: problems with #compdef
@ 2001-08-15 16:19 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2001-08-15 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Spiers, zsh-users

On Aug 15,  4:15pm, Adam Spiers wrote:
}
} Yet $_comps[pd] is undefined, and pressing TAB after `pd ' results in
} standard file completion. What have I missed?

Are you possibly using "compinit -C"?  Did you remove your .zcompdump file
so it can be rebuilt?

* Re: problems with #compdef
@ 2001-08-16 12:51   ` Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2001-08-16 12:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Bart Schaefer (schaefer@brasslantern.com) wrote:
> On Aug 15,  4:15pm, Adam Spiers wrote:
> }
> } Yet $_comps[pd] is undefined, and pressing TAB after `pd ' results in
> } standard file completion. What have I missed?
>
> Are you possibly using "compinit -C"?

Yes, I am.  Well spotted :-)

> Did you remove your .zcompdump file so it can be rebuilt?

Well I ran compdump, which I thought was equivalent, but evidently
not, because removing it does indeed work.  Thanks a lot.  So why
isn't compdump sufficient?