zsh-users
* ZLS_COLORS cleared
@ 2001-08-19 19:32 Vincent Lefevre
From: Vincent Lefevre @ 2001-08-19 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Under the following systems

Linux ay 2.4.3-pre3 #2 Tue Mar 13 16:59:45 MET 2001 ppc unknown

and

Linux linux 2.4.4-4GB #1 Fri May 18 14:11:12 GMT 2001 i686 unknown

when I try to complete something, the ZLS_COLORS environment variable
is cleared (just before the completion, it was correctly set). Where's
the problem?

Note that under the follwing system, I don't have any problem:

Linux greux.loria.fr 2.2.17 #13 SMP Tue Dec 12 15:26:51 MET 2000 i686 unknown

On all of them, I use zsh 4.0.2.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des

* Re: ZLS_COLORS cleared
@ 2001-08-19 23:40 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2001-08-19 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent Lefevre, zsh-users

On Aug 19,  9:32pm, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
}
} when I try to complete something, the ZLS_COLORS environment variable
} is cleared (just before the completion, it was correctly set). Where's
} the problem?

There's no problem; this is documented.  ZLS_COLORS works only with old
compctl completion.

list-colors
     If the zsh/complist module is used, this style can be used to set
     color specifications as with the ZLS_COLORS and ZLS_COLOURS
     parameters, which will not be honored under this completion system
     (see *Note The zsh/complist Module::).

* Re: ZLS_COLORS cleared
@ 2001-08-20 22:18   ` Vincent Lefevre
From: Vincent Lefevre @ 2001-08-20 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 23:40:05 +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> list-colors
>      If the zsh/complist module is used, this style can be used to set
>      color specifications as with the ZLS_COLORS and ZLS_COLOURS
>      parameters, which will not be honored under this completion system
>      (see *Note The zsh/complist Module::).

Thanks. With zstyle, colored completion now works.