I'm having a problem with the TRAPALRM+TMOUT feature of zsh, and I'd greatly appreciate any help. My .zshrc contains: TMOUT=300 TRAPALRM () { clear echo Inactivity timeout on $TTY echo vlock -c echo echo Terminal unlocked. [ Press Enter ] } The goal being, of course, to lock unused terminals after five minutes. The problem is that when called by zsh in this manner, vlock will only accept one character, making it impossible to unlock the terminal. I end up with: This TTY is now locked. Please enter the password to unlock. kway's Password: root's Password: *** That password is incorrect; please try again. *** This TTY is now locked. Please enter the password to unlock. kway's Password: root's Password: *** That password is incorrect; please try again. *** despite the fact that if I all vlock -c from the command line, it works as expected: This TTY is now locked. Please enter the password to unlock. kway's Password: [kway@bean kway]% Does anybody know why this happens, or how to stop it? I'd greatly appreciate any assistance in this matter. Kevin Way