On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 09:59:15PM +0100, Adam Spiers wrote: > To give some context to this, some machines I use have RedHat > brokenness in /etc/zshrc, which I avoid by invoking zsh with -d from > my .switch_shell. If I then tweak something in my .zshrc for > instance, or cvs update and reinstall a new zsh, I want to be able to > just type `restart' to get a fresh new shell, hence the need for > restart preserving the -d option. Umm... if you know what the flag in question is, why not just hardcode it into your restart function, or have your restart function call you switch_shell routine, or one of a million other ways to not have to parse the entire shell option list just to see if an option that you know you want to set happens to be set? -- Sweth. -- Sweth Chandramouli ; President, Idiopathic Systems Consulting