On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 06:04:41AM +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote: > On Oct 3, 12:12am, Sweth Chandramouli wrote: > } > } On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 04:04:49AM +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote: > } > Glob completion shouldn't have anything to do with it. > } ??? Why not, given that that's what I'm having problems > } with? > > Because `compctl -g' forces a glob to happen. Glob completion (as in the > glob_complete option) only determines how completion proceeds when there > is a partial match. Ah. I meant glob completion as in "compctl using globs", rather than "completion using glob_complete", especially since glob_complete doesn't actually use globbing (according to the man page). > } > So you're going to have to give us some more clues. > } I don't suppose you could give me any clues as to where > } I should look for more clues? :) > > Well, for one thing, you ought to try running a newer version than > 3.1.9. That wouldn't help me figure out what was broken, however. I'm stubborn enough to want to waste my time trying to figure out what changed, rather than just changing other things until it works. Upgrading to 4.x is on my todo list, however. > But what I meant was, for example, tell us what your setopts actually > are rather than ask us what they might not be, OK; I was trying to not waste space with the full list if others could give me tips as to where to focus my search. Here's the full list: (astaroth)~: allopt allexport off alwayslastprompt on alwaystoend off appendhistory on autocd off autolist on automenu on autonamedirs off autoparamkeys off autoparamslash on autopushd on autoremoveslash on autoresume off badpattern on banghist on bareglobqual on bashautolist off beep off bgnice on braceccl on bsdecho off cdablevars off chasedots off chaselinks off checkjobs on clobber off completealiases on completeinword on correct on correctall off cshjunkiehistory on cshjunkieloops off cshjunkiequotes off cshnullcmd off cshnullglob off dvorak off equals on errexit off exec on extendedglob on extendedhistory on flowcontrol off functionargzero off glob on globalexport on globalrcs on globassign off globcomplete off globdots on globsubst on hashcmds on hashdirs on hashlistall off histallowclobber off histbeep off histexpiredupsfirst on histfindnodups off histignorealldups on histignoredups on histignorespace off histnofunctions off histnostore on histreduceblanks on histsavenodups on histverify off hup on ignorebraces off ignoreeof off incappendhistory on interactive on interactivecomments on ksharrays off kshautoload off kshglob on kshoptionprint on listambiguous on listbeep on listpacked off listrowsfirst off listtypes on localoptions on localtraps off login off longlistjobs on magicequalsubst off mailwarning off markdirs on menucomplete off monitor off multios on nomatch on notify on nullglob off numericglobsort off octalzeroes off overstrike off pathdirs off posixbuiltins on printeightbit on printexitvalue off privileged off promptbang on promptcr on promptpercent on promptsubst on pushdignoredups off pushdminus off pushdsilent off pushdtohome on rcexpandparam on rcquotes off rcs on recexact on restricted off rmstarsilent off rmstarwait off sharehistory on shfileexpansion off shglob on shinstdin on shnullcmd off shoptionletters off shortloops on shwordsplit off singlecommand off singlelinezle off sunkeyboardhack off unset on verbose off xtrace off zle off > tell us in which version > of zsh these same compctls last worked if they ever did, 3.1.9; I've been using it for at least a year, and at some point the completion worked. I made some changes many months ago, but hadn't used any of the commands whose compctls used -g in at least the last six months. > what happens > if you run `zsh -f' and then add the suspicious compctls one at a time, They work fine under zsh -f; sorry for not mentioning that in my original post. -- Sweth. -- Sweth Chandramouli ; President, Idiopathic Systems Consulting