On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 04:24:22PM +0000, Bart Schaefer wrote: > On Oct 3, 2:15am, Sweth Chandramouli wrote: > } kshglob on > > That's it right there. `*(stuff)' means something different with kshglob. True, and I hadn't thought of that; now I'm even more confused, however, because the exact same syntax works fine from the command-line in an explicit glob: $ echo RCS/*(:t:s/\,v//) logwatchd m2s . Unsetting kshglob doesn't change the behaviour, either. So now, in addition to my original question, I'm also wondering why I've been able to use the *(:qualifiers) syntax for so long given that I've had kshglob set. -- Sweth, increasingly perplexed. -- Sweth Chandramouli ; President, Idiopathic Systems Consulting