zsh-users
* Menu-complete with tab, complete with alt-tab
@ 2001-10-18 21:48 Jesper Holmberg
From: Jesper Holmberg @ 2001-10-18 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi all,

question #2 from a newly-converted bash-user:

I have used the:

setopt MENU_COMPLETE

in my .zshrc to get menu-complete bound to tab. However, it would be
very nice to have alt-tab bound to "regular" complete (preferably with
auto_list as well). Can this be done? If so, how?

TIA,

Jesper

--
Jesper Holmberg | tel: +33.2.29.00.21.75 |"But how can |
    jesper.holmberg@enst-bretagne.fr     | one be warm |

* Re: Menu-complete with tab, complete with alt-tab
@ 2001-10-18 22:20 ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 2001-10-18 22:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesper Holmberg; +Cc: zsh-users

Jesper Holmberg wrote:
>setopt MENU_COMPLETE
>
>in my .zshrc to get menu-complete bound to tab. However, it would be
>very nice to have alt-tab bound to "regular" complete (preferably with
>auto_list as well). Can this be done? If so, how?

MENU_COMPLETE doesn't change keybindings, it changes the behaviour of
the standard binding, which is expand-or-complete.  So what you want is,
instead of the setopt,

bindkey "^I" menu-complete
bindkey "\M-^I" expand-or-complete

-zefram

* RE: Menu-complete with tab, complete with alt-tab
@ 2001-10-19  8:37   ` Borsenkow Andrej
From: Borsenkow Andrej @ 2001-10-19  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Jesper Holmberg'; +Cc: 'zsh-users'

> MENU_COMPLETE doesn't change keybindings, it changes the behaviour of
> the standard binding, which is expand-or-complete.  So what you want
is,
> instead of the setopt,
>
> bindkey "^I" menu-complete
> bindkey "\M-^I" expand-or-complete

bindkey "\M-^I" complete-word

if you are using new completion. Not necessarily but highly recommended.
And then fine tune it to do expansion (if needed).

-andrej

* Re: Menu-complete with tab, complete with alt-tab
@ 2001-10-19  9:28   ` Jesper Holmberg
From: Jesper Holmberg @ 2001-10-19  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

* On Fri Oct 19, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:
> bindkey "\M-^I" complete-word
>
> if you are using new completion. Not necessarily but highly recommended.
> And then fine tune it to do expansion (if needed).

Zefram's solution worked fine once I had changed the "\M-^I" to "\e^I".
The remark from Andrej is at this moment above my head, I'm afraid.
Thanks.

Jesper

--
          Jesper Holmberg            |"But how can |