zsh-users
* History file not being written
@ 2001-10-18 21:47 Jesper Holmberg
       [not found] ` <200110182156.f9ILuZ200432@bang.houseoflove>
From: Jesper Holmberg @ 2001-10-18 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi all,

question #1 from a newly-converted bash-user:

I can't get my histfile to work. I have put these lines in my .zshrc:

HISTFILE=~/.zsh_history
HISTSIZE=5000
HISTFILESIZE=5000

setopt APPEND_HISTORY
setopt EXTENDED_HISTORY
setopt HIST_IGNORE_DUPS
setopt HIST_IGNORE_SPACE
setopt HIST_REDUCE_BLANKS

But this doesn't seem to work; my histfile never gets started. When I
exit zsh, no file is created or written to. What am I doing wrong?

TIA,

Jesper

--
          Jesper Holmberg            |"But how can |
  jesper.holmberg@enst-bretagne.fr   | one be warm |

* Re: History file not being written
@ 2001-10-18 22:12 ` Zefram
       [not found] ` <200110182156.f9ILuZ200432@bang.houseoflove>
From: Zefram @ 2001-10-18 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jesper Holmberg; +Cc: zsh-users

Jesper Holmberg wrote:
>HISTFILE=~/.zsh_history
>HISTSIZE=5000
>HISTFILESIZE=5000

You want to set SAVEHIST, not HISTFILESIZE.

-zefram

@ 2001-10-19  9:23   ` Jesper Holmberg
From: Jesper Holmberg @ 2001-10-19  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

* On Thu Oct 18, Zefram wrote:
> You want to set SAVEHIST, not HISTFILESIZE.

Drew, Zefram: thanks, that's what I had missed. The "histfilesize" must
have slunk in there from my previous bash-files.

Jesper

--
Jesper Holmberg | tel: +33.2.29.00.21.75 |"But how can |