zsh-users
* Two Line Eterm and no RPROMPT
@ 2001-10-25 22:16 Thorsten Haude
From: Thorsten Haude @ 2001-10-25 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh User ML

Folks,

I have a two-line Eterm displayed most of the time, which doesn't
display the RPROMPT (%~). If I resize the Eterm to two or more lines,
the RPROMPT reappears.
I tried to change PROMPT_CR (there's a FAQ item that sounds similar),
but to no avail.

Is it Eterm's fault? How can the RPROMPT be displayed?

tia
Thorsten
--
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

* Re: Two Line Eterm and no RPROMPT
@ 2001-10-26  6:43 ` Geoff Wing
From: Geoff Wing @ 2001-10-26  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Thorsten Haude <yoo@vranx.de> typed:
:I have a two-line Eterm displayed most of the time, which doesn't
:display the RPROMPT (%~). If I resize the Eterm to two or more lines,
                                                    ^^^three
:the RPROMPT reappears.

Sorry, you can't.  If your term says it has fewer than three lines or
is missing other essential features zsh makes itself use a reduced
line editor mode.  You don't have a right prompt, you have single
line editing rather than multi-line editing, and you miss a couple of
other features.

The reason is that multi-line editing without three or more lines can
easily become unusable with screen space taken up by continuation prompts,
status line (e.g. for history searches) and other features.

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing   gcw
main email :  " @pobox.com

* Re: Two Line Eterm and no RPROMPT
@ 2001-10-26 18:21   ` Thorsten Haude
From: Thorsten Haude @ 2001-10-26 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Moin,

* Geoff Wing <gcw@zsh.org> [01-10-26 08:43]:
>Thorsten Haude <yoo@vranx.de> typed:
>:I have a two-line Eterm displayed most of the time, which doesn't
>:display the RPROMPT (%~).
>Sorry, you can't.
OK, at least I can stop looking. Thanks!

Thorsten