Hi, Ian Lynagh wrote [020216 18:28]: > Hi all > > I have thought it would be nice to have a vim-a-like indicator of > whether or not you are insert or command mode when using the vi line > editting mode for a long time now. In a burst of enthusiasm I have put > something together over the last couple of days (attached). However it's > not quite as nice as it might have been and I have run into a few > annoyances along the way. Well, I use something similar. Of course, I have a multiline prompt, so what I have here might work for you, but it might need some adjustment - the escape sequences for moving the cursor might not work for your type of terminal... Ciao, Thomas -- Thomas Köhler Email: jean-luc@picard.franken.de | LCARS - Linux <>< WWW: http://jeanluc-picard.de | for Computers IRC: jeanluc | on All Real PGP public key available from Homepage! | Starships