John Buttery wrote [020403 16:57]: > * Thomas Köhler [2002-04- 3 14:24:31 +0200]: > > Seems like it's not needed. zsh comes with tons of functions > > predefined for the new completion system ;) > > I know, but I've found that when you give people an avenue to > contribute their own, one Lego at a time, you can often wind up > with something pretty amazing in the end (sort of like Open > Source in general :). Perhaps any output from this > hypothetical project could be folded into zsh's stock > configuration periodically, at which point we would zero our > config files and start over. Why "zero our config files"? You put the completion functions in an extra file in a directory in your fpath. If you want the system functions take over precedence, put your own dir at the end of fpath :) > I've played around a lot with zsh's preloaded functions, and they are > certainly very extensive, but there's always more stuff to do. The > example that pops to mind is a compctl "recipe" that allows dd to do > filename completion on arguments that start with (for example) "if=" and > "of=". Why would you want a compctl recipe if you get it for free in the new completion system? :-) Ciao, Thomas -- Thomas Köhler Email: jean-luc@picard.franken.de | LCARS - Linux <>< WWW: http://jeanluc-picard.de | for Computers IRC: jeanluc | on All Real PGP public key available from Homepage! | Starships