zsh-users
* Ignore CVS directories in completion
@ 2002-07-10 15:50 Sheldon Hearn
From: Sheldon Hearn @ 2002-07-10 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Greetings from wits end! :-)

I've spent two hours in the manual page, the example .zshrc and the FAQ
and still can't get completion to ignore CVS directories with zsh-4.0.4.

I can get _files_ called CVS ignored, but not _directories_.

How can I set things up so that directories called CVS are ignored in
_all_ completion (not just for a given command)?

At this point, any help would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.

PS: The transition from bash2 was really painless.  I just had to add a
    few autoloadables for bash readline compatibility and hey presto!
    The bash readline compatibility stuff is available at:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~sheldonh/zsh-bash-compat.tar.gz

PPS: The bck-i-search implementation rocks!

* Re: Ignore CVS directories in completion
@ 2002-07-10 16:01 ` Darren Greaves
From: Darren Greaves @ 2002-07-10 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

I have the following two lines in my .zshrc

    zstyle ':completion:*:(all-|)files' ignored-patterns '(|*/)CVS'
    zstyle ':completion:*:cd:*' ignored-patterns '(*/)#CVS'

One does files, one does dirs.

I got them from someone here ages ago, and they work fine for me.

--
Burns:    Who was that young hellcat, Smithers?
Smithers: Homer Simpson, sir.

* Re: Ignore CVS directories in completion
@ 2002-07-10 16:12   ` Sheldon Hearn
From: Sheldon Hearn @ 2002-07-10 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Darren Greaves; +Cc: zsh-users

On (2002/07/10 17:01), Darren Greaves wrote:

> I have the following two lines in my .zshrc
>
>     zstyle ':completion:*:(all-|)files' ignored-patterns '(|*/)CVS'
>     zstyle ':completion:*:cd:*' ignored-patterns '(*/)#CVS'
>
> One does files, one does dirs.
>
> I got them from someone here ages ago, and they work fine for me.

Rocking, I have my wits back! :-)

This does just about everything.  Typing '~/src/<TAB>' with a view to
finding a shell script to run and having the CVS directories excluded
there doesn't work, but that's an edge case, and your solution above
solves most of the problem for me.

Thanks!  I'll take a fresh look at the manpages and figure out _why_ it
works. :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.