Hello Paul, Quoting Paul Lew : > if you say: > > for i in $=line > > it will do what you want. Basically, the variable i will contain the > "1 2 3 4 5", unless you told it to split word, the entire entry is > will be used on variable expansion. This is what zsh does it > correctly compare to other shells, but also a problem with > compatibility :-) so many thanks! Now my script runs how i expect it. Also thanks to David Hughes! Kind regards, Gruss, Micha Holzmann -- My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.