zsh-users
* escape $0 ?
@ 2002-12-23  3:56 Marc Chantreux
From: Marc Chantreux @ 2002-12-23  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi all,

i'm trying to use the windows port of zsh but has some pb :

1) is there a way to launch zsh in a ansi compliant terminal ? it would
be great to have a colored ls.
2) please have a look to this ouput : the string '\b' is understood as a
backslash. I don't know how to tell zsh to escape it.

C:/bin>echo $ZSH_VERSION
3.0.5-nt-beta-0.75
C:/bin>cat wpkg
#!/bin/sh

#setopt winntignorecase w
echo $#
echo $*
echo $0
echo $1
C:/bin>wpkg toto
1
toto
cin\wpkg <<<<<<<<< HERE is the pb ... real string is c:\bin\wpkg
toto
C:/bin>

Last thing : is there a chance to see a new release of zsh under windows
? Currently, it's the only one good native shell under windows.

Marc

* Re: escape $0 ?
@ 2002-12-23  4:47 ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 2002-12-23  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Chantreux; +Cc: zsh-users

Marc Chantreux wrote:
>2) please have a look to this ouput : the string '\b' is understood as a
>backslash. I don't know how to tell zsh to escape it.

print -r -- $0

-zefram

* Re: escape $0 ?
@ 2002-12-23  5:52 ` Will Yardley
From: Will Yardley @ 2002-12-23  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Marc Chantreux wrote:

> 1) is there a way to launch zsh in a ansi compliant terminal ? it would
> be great to have a colored ls.

Are you using Cygwin? The Cygwin terminal can show colors, and IIRC,
colorized ls works.

> Last thing : is there a chance to see a new release of zsh under
> windows

You can compile a recent version if you install Cygwin; other than that,
I couldn't tell you.

--
Will Yardley
input: william < @ hq . newdream . net . >