zsh-users
* What does alias -L do?
@ 2003-12-04 14:06 zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2003-12-04 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,
(Sorry if you see this posting twice)

What does alias -L do?; the doc is either silent on this or obscure

zzapper
--

vim -c ":%s/^/WhfgTNabgureRIvzSUnpxre/|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305  Best of Vim Tips

* Re: What does alias -L do?
@ 2003-12-04 14:17 ` Jean Chalard
From: Jean Chalard @ 2003-12-04 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zzapper; +Cc: zsh-users

> Hi,
> (Sorry if you see this posting twice)
>
> What does alias -L do?; the doc is either silent on this or obscure

As far as I understand the info file, I think it just prints what you
have to do in a startup script to bind the alias (or every alias in
the current shell, if no argument is given) the same way it is in the
current shell.

For example :
$ alias foo=bar
$ alias foo
foo=bar
$ alias -L foo
alias foo=bar
$ alias -g foo=bar
$ alias \foo
foo=bar
$ alias -L \foo
alias -g foo=bar
$

See ? It prints what you should put in, say, .zshrc to have the
current behaviour of this alias.

* Re: What does alias -L do?
@ 2003-12-04 14:21 ` Christian Schneider
From: Christian Schneider @ 2003-12-04 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)