On 2003-01-03 at 13:31 -0200, Carlos Carvalho wrote: > Now I'm trying to do something like > > % alias -g foo='bar' > % escr() {print $foo} % bar='Fred Bloggs' % foo='bar' % function escr { print ${(P)foo} } % escr Fred Bloggs % > If so, is there a way to achieve this > substitution? This is in a script, not interactive. Is the above sufficient? You might wish to read zshexpn(1), since there are many other weird and wonderful ways in which zsh can pervert your data on demand. -- "We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force. We believe in world peace through extortionate license fees." -- Andy Forster