zsh-users
From: Phil Pennock <phil.pennock@globnix.org>
To: zsh-users@sunsite.dk
Subject: Completion of dirs confused over cursor position
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 19:46:20 +0000	[thread overview]

Owing to a major machine failure and not being able to get my old data
back for a few more days, I've finally taken the plunge and tried moving
away from compctl.

Very impressive.

However, if I "cd <TAB>", I get shown:
 Completing directory
 Mail/  bin/

typing "b<TAB>" gives me a command-line of "cd bin/"; pressing <TAB>
again here shows the available completions, but puts the cursor back
_before_ the "/"; pressing tab will cycle through the options, but I
can't type the first letter and then tab again, since I'm then changing
the name before the "/".

What am I missing?  There must be some tunable which handles this
conflict ...

Thanks,

Elided config follows.

zsh 4.0.6, OpenBSD 3.2 on sparc.

setopt autocd autolist automenu braceccl extendedglob interactivecomments
setopt listambiguous listtypes multios numericglobsort rcexpandparam
bindkey -e

PS1=': %2(L.%U[%L]%u.)%(?..%B{%v}%b)%(2v:<+%2v>:-)%n@%2m:%l[%T](%!)%37<..<%~%<<%#; '
unset RPS1
function precmd {
	local exitstatus=$?
	psvar[1]=SIG
	[[ $exitstatus -ge 128 ]] && psvar[1]=SIG$signals[$exitstatus-127]
	[[ $psvar[1] == SIG ]] && psvar[1]=$exitstatus
	psvar[2]=$#jobstates; [[ $psvar[2] -eq 0 ]] && psvar[2]=()
}

# The following lines were added by compinstall

zstyle ':completion:*' auto-description 'requires: %d'
zstyle ':completion:*' completer _expand _complete
zstyle ':completion:*' format 'Completing %d'
zstyle ':completion:*' group-name ''
zstyle ':completion:*' ignore-parents parent pwd ..
zstyle ':completion:*' list-colors ''
zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list 'r:|[._-]=* r:|=*'
zstyle ':completion:*' menu select=long
zstyle ':completion:*' select-prompt %SScrolling active: current selection at %p
 \[%l\]%s
zstyle ':completion:*' squeeze-slashes true
zstyle :compinstall filename '/home/phil/.zshrc'

autoload -U compinit
compinit
# End of lines added by compinstall