zsh-users
* IGNORE_EOF
@ 2003-12-17 11:29 Miek Gieben
From: Miek Gieben @ 2003-12-17 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh users

Hello,

I found this message in the archives with the subject: "IGNORE_EOF like in
bash", and the proposed (and updated function from Bart) works ok. But
I was wondering, will there ever be a IGNORE_EOF=3 ala bash in zsh?

It is a really handy feature to have. I use it for instance in my root
access. When sharing root with multiple people I force them to write
down what they did (by aliasing logout and exit). See
http://miek.nl/linux/done.html for a better explanation :)

grtz
      Miek
--
fingerprint = E1EB 29B8 8FA2 2923 62B8  0A2B 64B8 F15C 7764 AB4B
http://miek.nl/about.html

* Re: IGNORE_EOF
@ 2003-12-17 11:32 ` Miek Gieben
From: Miek Gieben @ 2003-12-17 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh users

[On 17 Dec, @12:29, zsh wrote in "IGNORE_EOF ..."]
> Hello,
>
> I found this message in the archives with the subject: "IGNORE_EOF like in
> bash", and the proposed (and updated function from Bart) works ok. But
> I was wondering, will there ever be a IGNORE_EOF=3 ala bash in zsh?

to clarify, sometimes, when you do something trivial you want to exit
with a couple of ^D's.

grtz Miek