Quoting Philippe Troin on Fri, Jan 23 15:19: > > % t="${baz}contents" > % echo ${${(P)t}} > bar contents > > Works... > i could not manage to do it without an intermediate variable. Ah, this will probably work for me. Quoting Cosmo on Fri, Jan 23 23:47: > > Back in the old days, before these fancy complicated shells, I'd just do > this: I simplified a bit for the example, I'm actually trying to do stuff much more complicated than just a echo... Thanks, Omen -- Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all"?