Moin, * Thorsten Kampe wrote (2004-03-28 14:03): >* Thorsten Haude (2004-03-28 12:42 +0100) >> one of the last upgrades of Zsh in Debian Sarge changed the way >> directory names for cd are completed. With the current set of >> functions, user's home directories are completed, which is a nuisance. >> >> I think I have found the file to change: >> /usr/share/zsh/4.1.1/functions/Completion/Zsh/_cd >> >> Now, there are some problems: >> 1. I don't understand enough of the code to reliably remove user's >> home directories from completion. I could fall back to an older >> version of the file, but would loose completion of cdable vars. >> >> The code in question is probably this part: >> [...] >> >> How to rip out home dir completion without affecting cdable vars? > >Just don't "rip out" and modify the completion code. zsh isn't bash - >use the possibility to modify the way zsh completes. Well, that's what I wanted to do. In this case, I wanted to rip out home completion since I don't need it. >Have a look at the users' guide for "tag-order"... Have done, but I couldn't make head or tails from it. What would I have to do to remove home completion? Thorsten -- I fear that Digital Rights Management today is Political Rights Management tomorrow. That embedding these kinds of technological controls into the very architecture of computing has the capacity to become a form of political control in the not so distant future. - John Perry Barlow