On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 02:30:20PM +0200, Oliver Kiddle wrote: > Is there any chance this could be automatically called before the > prompt is reprinted when a background job finishes? That would allow %j > prompt expansions to be right. I had this same thought. Here's a patch that makes the re-expanding part of the new function get called from zrefresh(). If that turns out to be too pervasive, we could mod_export the new reexpandprompt() function and call it from various other places in the code, such as from jobs.c. ..wayne..