zsh-users
* Failing CVS Access
@ 2005-02-11 15:29 Vin Shelton
From: Vin Shelton @ 2005-02-11 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

For the last couple of days, I have been getting I have been getting
the following error when I attempt to do a 'cvs update':

cvs -q update
cvs [update aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.sourceforge.net: M PserverBackend::PserverBackend() Connect (Connection refused)

This is using the standard repository, where CVS/Root contains:
	:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/zsh

My writable ssh-available repository, where CVS/Root contains:
	:ext:acs@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/zsh

is working fine.

Does anyone else see this?

  - vin

--
In a minute there is time
For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.         T.S. Eliot

* Re: Failing CVS Access
@ 2005-02-11 15:33 ` Clint Adams
       [not found]   ` <clint@zsh.org>
From: Clint Adams @ 2005-02-11 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vin Shelton; +Cc: Zsh users list

> cvs [update aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.sourceforge.net: M PserverBackend::PserverBackend() Connect (Connection refused)
>
> Does anyone else see this?

Yes.

(  2005-02-09 08:58:54 - Project CVS Service )   As of 2005-02-09 there
is an outage of anonymous CVS (tarballs, pserver-based CVS and ViewCVS)
for projects whose UNIX names start with the letters m, n, p, q, t, y
and z. We are currently working on resolving this issue.

http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?group_id=1&docid=2352#1107968334

* Re: Failing CVS Access
       [not found]   ` <clint@zsh.org>
@ 2005-02-11 15:39     ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2005-02-11 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

Clint Adams wrote:
> (  2005-02-09 08:58:54 - Project CVS Service )   As of 2005-02-09 there
> is an outage of anonymous CVS (tarballs, pserver-based CVS and ViewCVS)
> for projects whose UNIX names start with the letters m, n, p, q, t, y
> and z. We are currently working on resolving this issue.

zsh -> ush?

pws

the system manager.

* Re: Failing CVS Access
@ 2005-02-15 14:10       ` Clint Adams
From: Clint Adams @ 2005-02-15 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

> zsh -> ush?

(  2005-02-14 11:38:28 - Project CVS Service )   As of 2005-02-09 there
was an outage of anonymous CVS (tarballs, pserver-based CVS and ViewCVS)
for projects whose UNIX names start with the letters m, n, p, q, t, y
and z. This problem has since been resolved and the normal 5 hour sync
delay will resume shortly.

It doesn't look fixed to me.

* Re: Failing CVS Access
@ 2005-02-16  1:18         ` Vin Shelton
From: Vin Shelton @ 2005-02-16  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

Clint Adams <clint@zsh.org> writes:

>> zsh -> ush?
>
> (  2005-02-14 11:38:28 - Project CVS Service )   As of 2005-02-09 there
> was an outage of anonymous CVS (tarballs, pserver-based CVS and ViewCVS)
> for projects whose UNIX names start with the letters m, n, p, q, t, y
> and z. This problem has since been resolved and the normal 5 hour sync
> delay will resume shortly.
>

> It doesn't look fixed to me.

It's not fixed, but the error has changed:

cvs -q update
cvs update: authorization failed: server cvs.sourceforge.net rejected access to /cvsroot/zsh for user anonymous
cvs update: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

--

@ 2005-02-17 13:27           ` Clint Adams
From: Clint Adams @ 2005-02-17 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vin Shelton; +Cc: Zsh users list

> It's not fixed, but the error has changed:
>
> cvs -q update
> cvs update: authorization failed: server cvs.sourceforge.net rejected access to /cvsroot/zsh for user anonymous
> cvs update: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

Now it seems to be fixed.