Just for fun, I'm attaching my prompt, for those who like everything and the kitchen sink to appear every time you hit enter (like me apparently). For example, it includes optional mailbox counts (Maildir only at the moment), system uptime, last exit status, line drawing using the iso8859-1 alternate line drawing characters (optional), etc etc. I started with Bart's prompt but little is left of it. The file is extensively commented, which is good because some configuration is required by setting a few variables. Suggestions welcome; otherwise enjoy! Regards, Joel -- Joel Elkins (alternate)