On Monday 18 April 2005 21:58, Tejasvi Aswathanarayana wrote: > I have been hearing about ZSH for quite sometime now. I have been > hesitant to move coz I am not sure if ZSH has this one "cool" feature > of bash, the reverse-search, which searches the history in reverse > order and gets you the matches.... This is one heck of a feature that > I wouldnt want to miss in my shell. > (Ctrl-R to activate the reverse search) > > < /home/k00ld00d > > (reverse-i-search)`cp': sudo cp arch/i386/boot/bzImage /boot/bzImage.kusp > > > Does anybody know if zsh has this feature... yes it does. It is called history-incremental-search-backward in zsh and is bound to ^R by default in emacs key bindings: {pts/1}% bindkey -L | grep back ... bindkey "^R" history-incremental-search-backward (it is possible that bash and zsh inplementations are slightly different, I do not use bash on regular basis). -andrey