zsh-users
* Globbing/parameter expansion question
@ 2005-04-25  8:47 Tom Martin
From: Tom Martin @ 2005-04-25  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hello,

I've found a mail indexing and searching program which I really like. It
just has one disadvantage: the command line interface is stupid.

For example:

nmzmail -i -m inbox

will index the inbox maildir, but then to index multiple mailboxes, it
accepts:

nmzmail -i -m inbox -m sent-mail -m list-zsh-users

So, it's not possible to simply glob for the mailboxes you want because
it needs to have another explicit -m before the next mailbox.

Although a for loop is the obvious solution, I want to avoid using one
because I want to get a full summary of all the mail being indexed, but
also (mainly) because I want to know more about how to do something like
this in zsh.

Sorry for the monologue, but are there any takers?

Thanks,
Tom

--
Tom Martin, http://dev.gentoo.org/~slarti

* Re: Globbing/parameter expansion question
@ 2005-04-25 10:51 ` DervishD
From: DervishD @ 2005-04-25 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

    Hi Tom :)

 * Tom Martin <slarti@gentoo.org> dixit:
> Sorry for the monologue, but are there any takers?

    Look for the messages of the last week in the list, a few
solutions for this problem were given ;) I don't remember them
clearly, so you better look the list archives.

    Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736
http://www.dervishd.net & http://www.pleyades.net/

* Re: Globbing/parameter expansion question
@ 2005-04-25 11:19   ` Tom Martin
From: Tom Martin @ 2005-04-25 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 12:51:12PM +0200, DervishD <zsh@dervishd.net> wrote:
>     Hi Tom :)
>
>  * Tom Martin <slarti@gentoo.org> dixit:
> > Sorry for the monologue, but are there any takers?
>
>     Look for the messages of the last week in the list, a few
> solutions for this problem were given ;) I don't remember them
> clearly, so you better look the list archives.
>
>     Ra?l N??ez de Arenas Coronado

Excellent! http://www.zsh.org/mla/users/2005/msg00379.html is what I was
looking for. Thanks :)

Tom

--
Tom Martin, http://dev.gentoo.org/~slarti

AMD64, net-mail, shell-tools, recruiters, vim
Gentoo Linux