zsh-users
* More general zsh-scripting question
@ 2005-05-22  5:00 Meino Christian Cramer
From: Meino Christian Cramer @ 2005-05-22  5:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

 for several software porjects avaible on the net I regulary update
 via cvs.

 Most of that projects dont need a password to login into their public
 cvs servers. Nonetheless it is tidy when you just wnat to run a
 couple of projects to press <RETURN> every time when asked for
 login:

 I am looking for a method to feed this <RETURN> into the login:
 prompt.

 For example these two lines are part of a function defined inside a script:

 cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/snd login
 cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/snd update -d cvs-snd
 index=1

 When the second line is executed, the login: prompt stops execution
 of the script and waits for the <RETURN>.

 Is there a way to automate this ?

 Thank you very much for any help in advance! :O)

 Have a nice weekend!
 Meino