Bart Schaefer wrote: > [Aside: Is it possible for you to convince your mail client not to > send text labeled us-ascii when it contains multi-byte characters (I > think they must be Unicode apostrophes?) It makes it quite difficult > to read. I've manually edited them back to ' in the excerpt.] As Dan Nelson points out, it all seems to be in order. I don't want to push it back at you, but perhaps your mail client is being fooled by the mime-type of the second attachment (which was us-ascii). Anyway, if this problem persists, I can live without using fancy apostrophes on this list. > On Jul 7, 4:02am, Nikolai Weibull wrote: > > There's a problem with the + option, though. I couldn't figure out > > a proper way of escaping the + that is the options name (just using \+ > > doesn't work). > The + is not the option's name. The name is whatever comes *after* the > initial - or + that introduces the option. In fact, in this case + > is not really an option at all; really it's a non-option argument that > happens to be allowed to be mixed in among the options. OK. > I prefer the behavior of the modified _my_files (which, by the way, > should probably be renamed _vim_files if this is going to be added to > the stock completions). Done. I modified the function a bit to handle files named + a bit better: _vim_files () { if [[ $(echo $PREFIX*(N)) == '' ]]; then case $PREFIX in (+) _message -e 'start at a given line (default: end of file)' ;; (+<1->) _message -e 'line number' ;; esac fi case $PREFIX in (+*) _files -P './' $* ;; (*) _files $* ;; esac } This may not be the best solution, though. I kind of hope that there's a nicer way to test if there are any files having $PREFIX as a prefix. Thank you for your help, nikolai -- Nikolai Weibull: now available free of charge at http://bitwi.se/! Born in Chicago, IL USA; currently residing in Gothenburg, Sweden. main(){printf(&linux["\021%six\012\0"],(linux)["have"]+"fun"-97);}