On Monday 05 September 2005 20:32, Hannu Koivisto wrote: [...] > echo (sur|pur)(e:'':) > > which, when expanded, should result to > > echo pur -foo bar sur -foo bar > > I expected > > echo (sur|pur)(e:'reply=(${REPLY} -foo bar)':) > > to do what I want but instead that results to > > echo -foo -foo bar bar pur sur > > I can't see how that follows from the quoted documentation. List is sorted after all matches are added; meaning that anything you have added is reordred. Hmm ... adding qualifier that prevents sorting is relatively simple actually ... > In any > case, if my goal cannot be achieved with the glob qualifier e, is > there some other brief trick to modify the list of generated > filenames in such a way? print -l sur pur | xargs -i /bin/echo '{}' -foo bar (I do not know why xargs here won't process arguments seperated by spaces, it should) -andrey