On Monday 05 September 2005 23:05, Bart Schaefer wrote: > } > } (I do not know why xargs here won't process arguments seperated by > } spaces, it should) > > I'm not sure what you mean? xargs never processes arguments separated > by spaces. It always wants newlines or NULs. > then manual page is wrong: This manual page documents the GNU version of xargs. xargs reads items from the standard input, delimited by blanks (which can be protected with double or single quotes or a backslash) or newlines, -andrey