zsh-users
* strange symbols
@ 2005-10-10 13:29 Konstantin Sobolev
From: Konstantin Sobolev @ 2005-10-10 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

Hi,

what are these strange symbols I'm getting?

kos@kos ~ $ cd data; echo "--abc"
^[]2;~/data^G--abc
kos@kos ~/data $

looks like zsh tries to print out my prompt before executing the second
command.

--
/KoS
* If I only had one more teragigadactylbyte...

* Re: strange symbols
@ 2005-10-10 14:18 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2005-10-10 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Sobolev, Zsh Users

On Oct 10,  5:29pm, Konstantin Sobolev wrote:
}
} what are these strange symbols I'm getting?

I would suspect that you have a chpwd function that is printing something;
perhaps something intended to change the title bar in a terminal emulator
program, but perhaps intended for a different terminal than the one you
are using.

* Re: strange symbols
@ 2005-10-10 14:32   ` Konstantin Sobolev
From: Konstantin Sobolev @ 2005-10-10 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer, Zsh Users

Hi Bart Schaefer,
On Monday 10 October 2005 18:18, you wrote:
> } what are these strange symbols I'm getting?
>
> I would suspect that you have a chpwd function that is printing something;
> perhaps something intended to change the title bar in a terminal emulator
> program, but perhaps intended for a different terminal than the one you
> are using.

right. thanks.

--
/KoS
* A Tagline is a terrible thing to waste.