Frank Terbeck wrote: > > How would I get the completion to add the section to the completion, > > like 'man 5 crontab'? > I found some time this evening, so I played around with the _man > function a little bit. The required change was pretty simple: Very nice! This should be configurable with a style. I've attached a patch which does that. This also means that section 1 can be excluded as follows: zstyle ':completion:*:manuals.(^1*)' insert-sections true I prefer this, especially on Solaris because there the prefix needs to include the -s option and that is then a common prefix to all matches. Oliver PS. Sorry for seperately attaching the patch but otherwise Yahoo's webmail would wrap the lines. Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com