zsh-users
* How to show _all_ settings
@ 2006-10-31 17:06 Meino Christian Cramer
From: Meino Christian Cramer @ 2006-10-31 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

 I want to dump _all_ settings (even those set ba default) of my zsh.
 I tried

   set
   setopt
   reporter

 but non reports (for example) that MULTIOS is set (I am using the zsh
 as zsh and trioed different things, which only works when MULTIOS is
 set...)

 How can I display really all settings,env-variables and such ?

 Kind regards and thank you very much in advance for any help !
 Keep hacking!
 mcc

* Re: How to show _all_ settings
@ 2006-10-31 17:22 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2006-10-31 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I want to dump _all_ settings (even those set ba default) of my zsh.
>  I tried
>
>    set
>    setopt
>    reporter
>
>  but non reports (for example) that MULTIOS is set (I am using the zsh
>  as zsh and trioed different things, which only works when MULTIOS is
>  set...)
>
>  How can I display really all settings,env-variables and such ?

Normally it doesn't show options that haven't changed from their
default setting.  For options, it's probably easiest to set the
kshoptionprint option.  However, you could also look at the options
associative array from the zsh/parameter module; it's probably already
loaded by completion.

For variables, set should certainly find everything, but you might want
to use typeset or one of its synonyms since it gives more information
about the type of the variable.