Hi, I'm trying to get an updated completion for debian command debchange. It has on option : --news, and that option can take a file as a parameter, but that is not mandatory. Handling of that case is (in perl) : $opt_news = 'debian/NEWS' if defined $opt_news and $opt_news eq ''; I'd like to have something similar to _alternative: completion for --news parameter, and also for other parameters of debchange. If I use _alternative 'news file::_files' 'normal::_normal', I go in a infinite recursive function call If I just use _alternative 'news files::_files', I *must* enter a file name before I return to normal completion Is there a way to do that ? thanks arno