zsh-users
* Completion in zsh
@ 2007-03-20 14:42 sac
From: sac @ 2007-03-20 14:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

Hi,

When I install a new utility, and I press [tab] it
does not complete the command unless I source .zshrc.
Why is this?
Is there any way I can get the command completion
without sourcing the .zshrc file.

Regards,
sac.

There is no system but GNU,
and Linux is one of its kernels

"Emacs is my operating system, and Linux its device driver."
-- Bake Timmons (found in someone else's sig line)

* Re: Completion in zsh
@ 2007-03-20 14:57 ` Tim Haynes
From: Tim Haynes @ 2007-03-20 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list; +Cc: sac

sac <sac_urs@yahoo.co.in> writes:

> Hi,
>
> When I install a new utility, and I press [tab] it does not complete the
> command unless I source .zshrc. Why is this? Is there any way I can get
> the command completion without sourcing the .zshrc file.

`rehash' is your friend.

~Tim
--
<http://pig.sty.nu/>

* Re: Completion in zsh
@ 2007-03-20 14:59 ` Frank Terbeck
From: Frank Terbeck @ 2007-03-20 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh users list

sac <sac_urs@yahoo.co.in>:
> When I install a new utility, and I press [tab] it
> does not complete the command unless I source .zshrc.
> Why is this?

Because the $path is not automatically rehashed.

> Is there any way I can get the command completion
> without sourcing the .zshrc file.

Of course:
 - enter 'hash -r'
 - <http://www.zsh.org/mla/users/2007/msg00131.html>