On Saturday 12 May 2007, Bart Schaefer wrote: > On May 12, 2:32pm, Andrey Borzenkov wrote: > } > } Arguably zsh should treat \M-x and ESC-x interchangeably; I believe it > } even was the case once but my memory fails me here. > > It's never interchanged them, but the "bindkey -m" command initializes > all the \M- sequences to be the same as the ESC- sequences. Nowadays > that also turns off multibyte support, so it's not as desirable. > zsh also adds those ESC mappings to default emacs keymap automatically BTW.