zsh-users
* old or new style completion?
@ 2007-09-29 11:36 Atom Smasher
From: Atom Smasher @ 2007-09-29 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

i've got a verbose copy defined as an alias in my ~/.zshrc:
  alias cpv="rsync -phb --backup-dir=/tmp/rsync -e /dev/null --progress --"

this needs a completion function similar to cp (cpv file to
file-or-directory). i'm just starting to get my hands dirty with writing
my own completion functions and i'm curious...

a) if an alias or function defined in ~/.zshrc should the corresponding
completion widget/function also be in ~/.zshrc?

b) is the old style (compctl) completion system best suited to define a
completion, if it's defined in ~/.zshrc?

c) being considered an "old" style of completion, is compctl in any danger
of being deprecated? or does it still compliment the "new" completion
system?

thanks...

--
         ...atom

  http://atom.smasher.org/
  762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808

 	"A criminal is a person with predatory instincts without
 	 sufficient capital to form a corporation."
 		-- Howard Scott