zsh-users
* [rj@panix.com: Re: sluggish prompt]
@ 2007-10-09 18:58 Russell Hoover
From: Russell Hoover @ 2007-10-09 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

[Meant to send this to the list the first time around -- sorry.]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1899 bytes --]

From: Russell Hoover <rj@panix.com>
To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com>
Subject: Re: sluggish prompt
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 14:55:52 -0400

On Sun 10/07/07 at 08:57 PM -0700,
Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:

> [...] I meant "If, when you have set -x in your .zshrc, and you see
> the list of files in your fpath being printed by the nested for-loops,
> that output does not appear every time,

It did appear every time until I replaced the for-loop lines with the
single line you suggested.

> What we need to know is, on every *subsquent* prompt, as you go
> through your normal habitual use of zsh on this system, do you see
> delays before PRECMD is printed or in between PRECMD and the prompt?

They're between the appearance of "PRECMD" and the appearance of the
prompt.

> [...] I went back and looked at your .zshrc file again and noticed
> this:
>
> export MAIL=$HOME/.maildir/ export MAILCHECK=10

I changed it to 60, and I think when later this week zsh-4.3.4 is made
the system default zsh, that may speed things up a bit, but I do still
have delays.  Also I'm going to trim all the fat I can out of my home
directory and my startup files and see what that does.

--
                         // rj@panix.com //

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-10-09 18:58 UTC | newest]