zsh-users
* Option to define "favourite" folders to look for matches within, on completion request?
@ 2010-05-05 16:40 Eugene Dzhurinsky
From: Eugene Dzhurinsky @ 2010-05-05 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hello everybody!

I have some (strange?) question about completion in ZSH: is it possible to
define some folders, being inspected on completion request for match?

For example, if I define the folder "/home/user/workspace/" as "favourite",
and there is the sub-folder "/home/user/workspace/project1" - if current folder
is '/var/lib/something' and I do type

cd proj[tab]

then the completion '/home/user/workspace/project1' will be suggested.

Also multiple such "favourite" folder will be good to have.

Thank you in advance!

--
Eugene N Dzhurinsky

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 196 bytes --]

* Re: Option to define "favourite" folders to look for matches within,  on completion request?
@ 2010-05-05 16:49 ` Jérémie Roquet
From: Jérémie Roquet @ 2010-05-05 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eugene Dzhurinsky; +Cc: zsh-users

Hello,

2010/5/5 Eugene Dzhurinsky <bofh@redwerk.com>:
> I have some (strange?) question about completion in ZSH: is it possible to
> define some folders, being inspected on completion request for match?
>
> For example, if I define the folder "/home/user/workspace/" as "favourite",
> and there is the sub-folder "/home/user/workspace/project1" - if current folder
> is '/var/lib/something' and I do type
>
> cd proj[tab]
>
> then the completion '/home/user/workspace/project1' will be suggested.
>
> Also multiple such "favourite" folder will be good to have.

For the cd command, you may use the $cdpath colon-separated list, see
`man zshparam'

Best regards,

--
Jérémie

* Re: Option to define "favourite" folders to look for matches within, on completion request?
@ 2010-05-05 20:32   ` Eugene Dzhurinsky
From: Eugene Dzhurinsky @ 2010-05-05 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users