zsh-users
* accept-exact-dirs needs accept-exact to be set to true?
@ 2010-05-30 15:51 ` Gowtham M
From: Gowtham M @ 2010-05-30 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hello,

When zsh attempts completion on /usr/bin/, I do not want it to look for
matches for /usr. Hence, I set accept-exact-dirs to true.
Next, when completing $foo, I want zsh to list the ambiguous matches (like
$foo, $foobar etc.). So, I set accept-exact to false.

However, it appears that accept-exact should be true for accept-exact-dirs
to work. Anything I can do to make it work? Or did I miss anything here?
I am using 4.3.10

Thanks for your time.

- Gowtham

* Re: accept-exact-dirs needs accept-exact to be set to true?
@ 2010-05-30 18:09   ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2010-05-30 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Gowtham M wrote:
> However, it appears that accept-exact should be true for accept-exact-dirs
> to work.

No, they're unrelated.  They're not actually handled together: the latter is
handled in shell code by looping over prefixes of the directory where
you're completing, the latter in the special compfiles builtin.  All
that should be invisible to you, the point is there is no direct linkage
between them.

--
Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@ntlworld.com>