zsh-users
* print to the terminal in zle
@ 2013-07-26 13:48 Stephane Chazelas
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Stephane Chazelas @ 2013-07-26 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hiya,

recently, Debian broke some of my scripts using ZLE in `zsh -i` by adding:

        function zle-line-init () {
            emulate -L zsh
            printf '%s' ${terminfo[smkx]}
        }

To /etc/zsh/zshrc

That smkx  escape sequence is printed to stdout instead of the terminal.

What would be the correct way to do it?

Doing `printf > /dev/tty` would probably do it but it would be
better I think to be able to write to the fd that zsh currently
has opened to the terminal (usually 10 if it  was free upon zsh
startup).

is there a way to do that?

Or an alternative way to set smkx on ZLE init and rmks  on
zle-finish?

--
Stephane