TJ Luoma wrote: > That has worked OK for what I've needed to do, but now I'm trying to > create two functions which I will use in place of 'cp' and 'mv' and I > need to be able to find the _last_ argument (the destination) before I > process all the rest of the args. > > The only way that I can think of to get the last argument is to do > something like this > > LAST=`echo "$@" | awk '{print $NF}'` > > but that made me wonder if there wasn’t a better way. The arguments are available as the array argv, so use $argv[-1]. -- Peter Stephenson Web page now at http://homepage.ntlworld.com/p.w.stephenson/