zsh-users
* nit pick
@ 2020-12-28 14:47 Ray Andrews
From: Ray Andrews @ 2020-12-28 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Users

This is as trivial an issue as one could imagine:

    test1()
    {
         typeset -a test1=(\
         "foo"
         "bar"
         "baz")
    }

    test2()
    {
         typeset -a test1=\
        ("foo"
         "bar"
         "baz")
    }

    $ test1; test2
    test2:2: invalid mode specification

... but it seems to me that as a matter of strict logic, since the
backslash indicates line continuation I'd expect both of the above to
work, that is, the opening parenthesis after the equal sign should be
seen correctly either way.  Or is there a logical reason for the difference?