Oliver Kiddle schrieb am Mi 31. Mär, 02:10 (+0200): > On 15 Dec, Jörg Sommer wrote: > > > > I would like to get all targets for the completion of rake arguments. How > > > > can I inject an argument to the targets query call or how to replace it? I > > > > have to pass `-A` to *rake* to get the arguments for the completion. > > Sorry that this patch didn't receive any attention earlier. No problem. Don't worry. > To try to understand this, what is the disadvantage of calling rake with > -A? Does that make it much slower or is it that most users wouldn't want > "uncommented" targets? It gives a much huger list and might contain many entries someone will never use. But I don't know what's common. From my point of view I prefer more than less. > Incidentally, _rake doesn't seem to complete the -A option so that must > be newish. I found this commit: https://github.com/ruby/rake/commit/72ac1327d82d85daed68220700ea6873d5b76fe6 from Oct 16, 2012 included in tag rake-0.9.3. I think it's old enough the be seen as commonly available. > > What do you think about the attached commit? Is it fine or should I change > > anything? > > When looking up the style, you should include the tag in the context > when one is applicable, so ":completion:${curcontext}:targets" in this > case. Ah, okay. I must admit, I've never used zsytle queries before. I would make this change, right? - zstyle -t ":completion:${curcontext}" all-targets && all=-A + zstyle -t ":completion:${curcontext}:targets" all-targets && all=-A > As a general principle, it is better to use a style name that has a > generic meaning. I can't find any existing style along the lines of an > extra-matches, more-matches, allow-slow-generation etc so unless I've > missed one you'd need to invent a suitable one. "all-targets" is too > specific to targets. How about ‘verbose’? -- Wer geliebt, kann nicht vergessen, Wer vergisst, hat nie geliebt, Wer geliebt und doch vergessen, Hat vergessen, wie man liebt!