zsh-users
* something like set nonomatch
@ 1996-08-28  6:34 Stefan Janke
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Stefan Janke @ 1996-08-28  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

hallo,

exist for the zsh (version 3.0) something like set nonomatch for the
csh. I need this for doing things like:
alias suber='rm *.toc *~ *.aux'

ciao and thanx stefan

* Re: something like set nonomatch
@ 1996-08-28  7:27 ` Jos Backus
From: Jos Backus @ 1996-08-28  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Janke; +Cc: zsh-users, jos

  Hallo Stefan,

In message <m3d90c6mpt.fsf@burg.studfb.unibw-muenchen.de> you wrote:
>hallo,
>
>exist for the zsh (version 3.0) something like set nonomatch for the
>csh. I need this for doing things like:
>alias suber='rm *.toc *~ *.aux'

man zshall, grep for fignore.

Tschuess,
Jos
--
Jos Backus           _/  _/_/_/                                 R-IS/SNB
                    _/  _/   _/                       Oce-Nederland B.V.

* Re: something like set nonomatch
@ 1996-08-28  8:17 ` David Kågedal
From: David Kågedal @ 1996-08-28  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Stefan Janke <gonzo@burg.studfb.unibw-muenchen.de> writes:

> hallo,
>
> exist for the zsh (version 3.0) something like set nonomatch for the
> csh. I need this for doing things like:
> alias suber='rm *.toc *~ *.aux'
>
> ciao and thanx stefan

I guess that you mean that you don't want an error message if a glob
pattern matches nothing.

There is an option CSH_NULL_GLOB (use setopt CSH_NULL_GLOB) that seems
to make zsh behave like csh.

>From man zshoptions:

          CSH_NULL_GLOB
               If  a  pattern  for  filename  generation  has  no
               matches,  delete  the  pattern  from  the argument
               list; do not report an error unless all  the  pat-
               terns  in  a  command  have no matches.  Overrides
               NULLGLOB.

There is also an option NULL_GLOB

          NULL_GLOB (-G)
               If  a  pattern  for  filename  generation  has  no
               matches, delete the pattern from the argument list
               instead  of   reporting   an   error.    Overrides
               NO_NOMATCH.

But there is also a way to set NULL_GLOB locally for just one glob
pattern.

	       alias suber='rm *.toc(N) *~(N) *.aux(N)'

Should do the trick.

--
David Kågedal     Lysator Academic Computer Society       davidk@lysator.liu.se
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~davidk/                              +46-13 17 65 89

* Re: something like set nonomatch
@ 1996-08-28  8:37 ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 1996-08-28  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Janke; +Cc: zsh-users

>exist for the zsh (version 3.0) something like set nonomatch for the
>csh.

setopt nonomatch

-zefram