zsh-users
* tab-completion from wildcard
@ 2004-05-13 16:48 Maurice
From: Maurice @ 2004-05-13 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-users

Hi,

if I press TAB after a '*', it doesn't insert the matching files
immediately. Instead I have to press TAB several times. I hope this
example makes it clear:

  % touch a b c
  % echo *<TAB>
  % echo a
  a   b   c
  *      a b c

This is after I played around with compinstall, but I can't figure
out how to get the old behaviour back, while keeping the other
settings the same.

Would be nice if someone could point me to the right setting.
Thanks.

zsh-Version 4.1.1
The lines generated by compinstall:

  zstyle ':completion:*' completer _expand _complete _correct _approximate
  zstyle ':completion:*' completions 1
  zstyle ':completion:*' expand prefix
  zstyle ':completion:*' glob 1
  zstyle ':completion:*' insert-unambiguous true
  zstyle ':completion:*' list-colors ${(s.:.)LS_COLORS}
  zstyle ':completion:*' matcher-list 'm:{a-z}={A-Z}' 'r:|[._-]=* r:|=*'
  zstyle ':completion:*' max-errors 1
  zstyle ':completion:*' menu select=1
  zstyle ':completion:*' original true
  zstyle ':completion:*' substitute 1

* Re: tab-completion from wildcard
@ 2004-05-13 17:12 ` Oliver Kiddle
From: Oliver Kiddle @ 2004-05-13 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maurice; +Cc: zsh-users

Maurice wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if I press TAB after a '*', it doesn't insert the matching files
> immediately. Instead I have to press TAB several times. I hope this
> example makes it clear:

zstyle ':completion::*:expand:*' tag-order all-expansions

>   % touch a b c
>   % echo *<TAB>

If you type Ctrl-X h at that point instead of Tab, it tells you that
the things it completes have the tags `all-expansions' `expansions' and
`original'. The tag-order style above restricts it to just all-expansions.

Oliver